Thursday, May 17, 2012

Welcome to Miami

Bradenton Herald East County reporter Nick Williams and I will be travelling today to Coral Gables, where we will spend the next two days attending the "Miami News Train" media conference at the University of Miami.

Why am I sharing this you ask? Well, this is a business blog, and most media organizations are businesses. That's right, we try to make a profit too.

During the course of the conference, I will be tweeting tidbits and news that will be of interest for both members of the media and outsiders who want to gain an inside look at the industry.

I also plan to post at least one blog here each day to give you a run down of the goings on, which I expect to be plenty. A quick look at the agenda includes seminars on interactive story telling, building a mobile strategy, the data mindset, social media reporting and beat mapping.

And don't worry, I left the paper with plenty of solid business stories to cover my absence, especially Monday, which will feature a look at the job market for teens seeking summer employment. You will be able to find the story at Bradenton.com.

Follow me on Twitter @JoshSalman or Williams @_1NickWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment